YouTube views at time of publishing article: 79,177. Video was originally published on 17 August 2011.
twobabyboyz is a stay-at-home Mum with 3 kids. She has 2 boys and a girl. She’s giving us her review of the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence Ice 30 Ice Cream Maker and showing us her Cookies and Cream concoction today.
She shares that it’s a 2 Quartz Ice Cream Maker and that she picked this particular model over the smaller unit “Ice-21” because it is a little bigger.
Most of the ice-cream makers on the market are about 1.5 Quartz.
As she has a family of 5, she was skeptical if the 1.5 Quartz would be enough, hence she got the bigger model, coz sometimes they even have extra people over at her place as well.
She went online and did research and found that this model (Ice-30) had rave reviews. The sister “Ice-21” model had rave reviews as well. They both had 4.5 out of 5 stars rating.
She shows us what the unit comes with:
1. Main Motor Base with an electrical power cord tucked below with the ON and OFF switch in front
2. The transparent top cover with the opening for pouring of the ice cream mix and additional ingredients
3. Patent-Pending Paddle/Blade (She adds that it stays stationary)
4. Double-Insulated 2 Quartz Freezer Bowl (The bowl is being turned instead of the Paddle for this model.
Needs to be chilled for at least 6 hours in the freezer. Or if you need to check, you can shake the bowl. If you can’t hear or feel the coolant (in between the 2 layered bowl) moving around, it’s frozen and can be used)
5. Instructional Booklet and Recipe Guide
Next, she tests and demonstrates how to use the Ice Cream Maker for the first time:
1. She has prepared a Custard Based Ice-Cream mix overnight that she chilled in the fridge. She says this needs to be done so that it’s cool enough to be turned into ice-cream.
She added that the booklet recommended that it should be chilled for at least an hour.
2. She has also pre-freezed the Freezer Bowl the night before in the freezer.
3. She starts the machine churning and pours in the pre-mix
4. She shows us the before and after results of the mix after being churned by the machine
5. She shares that the booklet says that it needs at least 25 minutes for the ice-cream to set
6. And that if you want a harder consistency, you will need to place the finished product in an air-tight container in the freezer for about 2 hours.
7. After 25 minutes, she adds some OREO COOKIE crumbles into the opening, where it’s being mixed into the soft ice-cream mix
8. She has some difficulty doing this at this part as she’s using one hand to hold the camera, and the other to add the cookie crumbs.
9. In the next segment, she shows is the final results after placing it in the freezer for 2 hours in an old ice-cream box.
The Verdict From Her Kids:
“Taste Better Than Ice Cream Bought From The Store”
The Verdict From Her:
“2 Thumbs Up!”
Follow more of twobabyboyz Reviews at: https://www.youtube.com/user/twobabyboyz