YouTube views at time of publishing article: 305,335. Video was originally published on 6 June 2012 on the Joyofbaking.com YouTube Channel. Scroll down below for link to site.
Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com is using the Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt Ice Cream And Sorbet Maker to create Chocolate Ice Cream in this video demonstration.
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
2 ounces (55 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 large (80 grams) egg yolks, room temperature
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
2 cups (480 ml) half-and-half cream (a mixture of cream and whole milk that contains 10 – 12% butterfat)
1/3 cup (35 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder (regular or Dutch-processed), sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Based on the video demonstration above, process indicated are:
1. Melt the chopped chocolate either via microwave or a warm water bath
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar with a hand mixer
3. Mix cocoa powder with cream and milk over a heated stove at 70 Degrees.
4. Slowly add in warm mixture into egg mixture without cooking the egg.
5. Chill mixture in the fridge.
6. Add to Ice Cream Machine for 20 to 25 minutes.